top of page

Sarin Gas Detected at Facebook

A machine that detects poisonous substances detected Sarin Gas to be in a package at the Facebook mailing center in Menlo Park, California.  Two workers were possibly exposed to this dangerous substance, and the building was ordered evacuated.  

Facebook in a statement said a package delivered to one of its mail rooms was "deemed suspicious," without details. "We evacuated four buildings and are conducting a thorough investigation in coordination with local authorities," a Facebook spokesman said in a statement, adding that the substance has not yet been identified. "As of now, three of the evacuated buildings have been cleared for repopulation. The safety of our employees is our top priority and we will share additional information when it is available."  

None of the workers who were deemed to be exposed have shown any symptoms of Sarin Gas exposure, as Sarin Gas is exposure is quick to give physicological symptoms.  As the Boston Globe reports "It rapidly fills the air around you. Within minutes, it will kill you. But you can’t see it, smell it, or taste it."

It is quite possible that the machine detected a false positive reading.


Wecu will update this story as soon as more information becomes available.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page